This may surprise you to know, but cannabis is the most widely used drug in the world. Consequently, this will translate to a greater demand for THC detox products for various reasons. The most common one is to retain employment. Naturally, if you want to carry out a marijuana detox to flush marijuana out of your system, you'll want to know how long it will take to get weed out of your system. Let's get to it.
There's no straight answer to this question. This is because certain factors influence the duration of cannabis, pot, or weed in your system.
When you smoke weed, a by-product of the drug called THC enters your body system via the organs and tissues. It produces a couple of metabolites and then returns to the bloodstream. That being said, the duration or detection window of weed depends on the following factors:
● Dosage or Frequency of Usage: These two go hand-in-hand. The higher the frequency of usage, the more the dosage/quantity of the drug in your system and vice versa. Naturally, getting THC out of your body will take longer if you smoke weed frequently and vice versa. There are various categories of users. For light smokers, THC could be detectable for three days or thereabouts. Moderate smokers will have THC in their system for about seven days. On the flip side, heavy weed smokers can have THC in their bodies for as long as one month.
● Body Weight: Detoxification or weed cleanse will take longer in individuals with more body fat because THC is known to hide in fatty tissues. So the more fat you have in your body, the longer it will take to detox cleanse for drug test.
● The Type of Drug Testing Method: Sometimes, it's all about the testing method. You can have THC in your hair when your urine is free from it. This means that if you undergo a piss test, you'll pass it. On the other hand, if you undergo a hair follicle analysis, you'll fail the drug test. Why? Because THC stays longer in hair follicles than in body fluids such as saliva, blood, and urine. THC doesn't stay beyond a month in pee, and that's even for heavy weed smokers. On the other hand, THC can stay in the hair for up to 90 days.
Knowing these factors is crucial in determining how long it will take to clean your system for a drug test.
After knowing these factors, the next step will be to set up a THC detox plan. To effectively structure an effective plan, you have to consider the following;
● Time to Test: This is a significant factor because certain detoxing methods act more quickly than others. So let's say you have a drug test coming up in three weeks' time; you don't have to resort to ways to clean out your system in 24 hours. You can opt for natural remedies because time is on your side. With time, the THC will naturally exit your body on its own. But what do you do when there's not enough time for the body to undergo the cleansing process? You have to speed up the detoxing process. The best way to detox your body from THC is to use detox drinks for weed, pills, fruit juice, and lots of water. This will help your body flush out most of the THC from your body in record time for the test. If the test is due in 24 hours, you can opt for fake urine products; they are the fastest way to clean out your system for drug test.
● Your Weight: Heavier individuals should start using a marijuana system cleaner way earlier than those with less body mass. As we said earlier, body fat hides THC. So detox products work slower in fat individuals. Sometimes, using just detox drinks may not be enough. You may need to combine them with detox diets and pills as well.
● Marijuana Use Frequency: Just as in the case of body weight, a heavy or frequent user of weed will have to begin his marijuana cleanse plan several days before the day of the drug screen is due. On the other hand, if the user smokes weed in moderation or infrequently, they can afford to start their THC detox plan a few days before the drug test because there isn't much THC removal to be done.
● Budget: This goes a long way in the THC detox plan. There are numerous detox products, such as synthetic urine kits, detox shampoos, detox drinks, detox mouthwash, detox pills, and so on. If the budget for the detox plan is high, you can opt for these options for weed cleansing. However, if you're on a low budget, you must opt for a natural remedy to get THC out of your body.
There are several detoxification remedies on the market, and they all have a single function; to get marijuana out of the system. They neutralize toxic by-products in the body and produce molecules rendered inactive by the liver. These inactive molecules are then expelled via your stool and body fluids such as sweat and urine.
However, their techniques differ. For instance, detox shampoo works by lathering and deep-cleansing the scalp, hair strands, and hair follicles. This THC detox kit completely removes THC from your hair. It's ideal for those undergoing a hair drug test.
There's the detoxing mouthwash which is ideal for a saliva drug test. They cleanse the mouth, tongue, and saliva. So, a mouth swab will test negative. However, the most common detox remedies are detox drinks, detox pills, and dietary supplements. They are ideal for urinalysis, the most common drug testing method.
Detox drinks are diuretics. When consumed, they flush THC from the body and accumulate toxins in the bladder. When you urinate, the drug metabolites are expelled from your body. You'll frequently urinate within the next 4-6 hours when you consume detox drinks. This frequent flushing makes your urine sample free from THC.
When it comes to detox pills, they are ingested just as regular pills. They also come with dosage instructions that the manufacturer will specify. Some pills can be taken for two days, three days, five days, or more as part of the detox regime. When it comes to heavy smokers, they may need to ingest detox pills for up to 10 days. Detox pills are laxatives. These pills promote digestive function and support the activities of the gut bacteria. They help flush out THC through fecal matter.
Fluids such as grapefruit juice, orange juice, water, and other beverages are also helpful in flushing THC out of your system. They're low-budget options, or a supportive measure to detox drinks for THC cleanse.
There are some commonly used methods that answer how to detox from weed. Let's take a look at some of them.
1. What's The Best Detox Drink for Weed: There are numerous detox drinks on the market. However, we've identified some standouts from user reviews and other factors. The best detox drinks for weed include Rescue Cleanse Detox Drink (32 Oz), Mega Clean Detox Drink (1 ltr), QCarbo 32, etc.
2. Fruit Pectin: This is a fiber commonly found in fruits. It helps the body detox. It's usually included in detox diets to help the body capture drug metabolites and expel them from the body via feces. Its effect on the body is quick because it starts working within an hour and can last up to 5 hours.
3. Exercise: This technique for THC removal is ideal if your budget is low and you have enough time before your drug test is due. Exercising causes your body to sweat, and it promotes circulation. The latter improves your liver function by filtering toxins from the body, which come out as sweat from your skin. You can participate in exercises such as cycling or swimming. It's a slow detox method and can take several days.
4. Sauna: This is another great way to sweat, but this doesn't come with improved body circulation. Just like exercise, it's slow and should only be considered if there's enough time before your test. Your body will be exposed to a specific temperature level, making you sweat profusely. We recommend hydrating before and after a sauna session to replenish your body fluids. Sauna's effectiveness as a detox method is still debatable because it lacks scientific evidence.
5. Dilution: This is oral therapy. It involves frequent water consumption and other beverages such as fruit juice, fruit-infused water, coffee, tea, and so on. This adds a lot of water to your urine sample and weakens its concentration. So when you submit your pee for urinalysis, THC will hardly be detectable because of the excess fluid in it.
The best detox products on the market include;
● Toxin Rid (Detox Pills or Drink) - it comes with various detox pills depending on the frequency of usage.
● Mega Clean Detox Drink
● Rescue Cleaner (comes in a variety of flavors which makes it more appealing to buyers)
There are many detox good products on the market, but these are, without question, the best of the bunch.
You can do some things to make detox products work better and quicker in your body. They include;
● Exercising More Frequently: You can engage yourself more in physical activities to help your body detox faster. As we said earlier, exercising improves body circulation and enhances the liver's function in toxin filtration.
● Eating Healthy: A healthy diet includes foods rich in vitamins and minerals. These nutrients are essential in helping the body detox from drug toxins. We recommend eating foods rich in fiber and proteins, like chicken, veggies, and fruits.
● Drinking Water and Other Beverages Frequently: You should consume more water when you're trying to detox. You may see it in the usage instructions with some detox drinks. This is because the liver is more effective in body detoxing when the body is properly hydrated. We recommend a minimum of 12 cups of water daily.
In the quest to get pot out of the body, people may resort to certain methods that may do them more harm than good. A notable example is abstinence from food or fasting. We recommend avoiding THC detox products or kits that require you to abstain from eating.
Some detox products or methods may trigger certain side effects in the body. The common ones include;
● Malnutrition (caused by fasting for extended periods)
● Stomach upset.